The company was started as Huber Bros. Building Maintenance by Dan and Doug Huber in June of 1990. The first couple of years showed nice but modest growth as the two brothers sold and serviced accounts during the day and cleaned and supervised the accounts at night.
- In 1993 Dan purchased Doug’s share and the company picked up its first major account.
- In 1996 Huber Bros. purchased A-1 janitorial.
- In 1997 the company exceeded $ 1,000,000 in revenues for the first time.
- In 2000 the company hit $2,000,000 in revenues and made its’ first appearance in the Top 25 Janitorial Firms in Minnesota by the Business Journal. The company also changed its name to Huber Commercial Services to better reflect the wider range of services provided.
- In 2001 HCS acquired Clean N Save, a residential window cleaning company, and added its’ commercial carpet cleaning services to residential customers and window cleaning services to our commercial customers.
- In 2005 Huber Commercial Services and Universal Services merged to make what is now Huber Universal Services. Universal Services was started and owned by Brian Kelly who is a partner and General Manager of Huber Universal Services. Both companies had been partnering on numerous projects over the previous 7 years. This merger further allowed the company to grow its service options.
The company now services over 300 commercial properties in Minnesota. With over 200 dedicated team members Huber Universal Services is poised for further growth by providing great service to their customers.
On January 1, 2007 Dan Huber and Brian Kelly formed a separate company called Total Construction Clean-up, specializing in general and final cleaning for the construction industry. Total Construction Clean-up is a member of Local Laborers Union #563.
Huber Universal Services Commitment to Environment, Health, and Safety
At Huber Universal Services we believe that each individual as well as each organization has a responsibility to preserve and improve our environment.
HUS has partnered with several suppliers to provide our clients with “green” products and chemicals. This has allowed our clients to save energy, preserve natural resources, and minimize their carbon footprint.
In addition to complying with OSHA laws and regulations, all employees are provided effective environmental, health and safety training to prevent incidents and ensure the conservation of resources.
HUS is committed to effectively communicate our company policy, training and objectives to all employees and customers
Huber Universal Services is committed to providing a full-service menu of commercial and specialty residential cleaning services. Through our experienced, professional and accessible staff, our clients will receive high quality and value that will continue to remain after the project is complete.